Supernatural Locations DOT Com

For Everything Supernatural in Vancouver

Forums

Forum Home > Vancouver and Supernatural > VanCon 2014

Beth

So! I will be attending my first even convention at VanCon 2014. I was wondering if anyone else who has attended this con has any advice/tips, etc. for it? I've heard everything moves kinda fast.

Me and a friend will be coming on Tuesday, so we will have 3 days to visit locations and such before the actual convention. Any tips on location hunting? Is it best to just pick a few favorite episodes and hit those spots? It's really hard to choose because there's SO many locations to pick from. I'm a bit overwhelmed from it all, but I don't want to miss anything.

December 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

supernaturaltour
Site Owner

Hi Beth! For Location hunting my best tips would be, If your trying to visit as many locations as you can in a short amount of time, pick area's that have alot of consentrated amounts of locations. Places that you can visit like 10-20+ locations just walking around a short distance. For example Downtown New Westminster and Downtown Vancouver have lots within walking distance of each other. (check out my map and see for yourself!) Are you driving around to locations? Or transit? etc?

Also, pick some of the bigger fan favourite locations to visit too. Even if they are more out of the way, and mostly not in places with alot of surrounding locations, they are totally worth it! Examples: MoL Bunker, Bobby's Junk Yard, Winchester Family Home, Eye of the Tiger stunt location, The Crossroads (used for all crossroad scenes, aswell as the Roadhouse, and lots others!), Campbell Family house and other stuff that you like! 

Think of your favourite scene's from the show, and then go look at my lists and check if I have it! (I'm still doing a lot of editing to the site, so if you don't see a location you're welcome to ask me if I know where it is)

Another thing, some locations have times of operation (like Bobby's Junk Yard) so search up offical websites and what not to check for open and closing times. I don't know how many times we've gone to visit a location and didn't look it up before hand, only to get there and discover it's closed! It sucks. So, Reasearch locations (It's especially good that your starting to plan ahead, so you have lots of time!) Make sure locations are on public property and accesable roads.

I think that's it... Feel free to ask If you have any other questions! :)

--

Site Owner,

KJ.x

January 1, 2014 at 5:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jen bateman

Hi. Is there an organized walking tour on wednesday befote Vancon 2014?

--
January 28, 2014 at 9:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.